Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Smattering of Thoughts

I've been feeling...overwhelmed lately.
Between life changes, job restructuring, travel recovery, budgeting, various sicknesses and devastatingly hot weather I'm just feeling a little overwrought, under-slept and simply drained.

All I want to do it bake a cheesecake. But, as I told Mike in a email yesterday, I feel like that's a winter dessert, and cookies with bright summery flavors seem more appropriate.
Edit: I found FAR MORE recipes for summery cheesecakes. So many more.
Image via

I want to do is go home and have a bonfire in my backyard with Mike. I want to cook a simple BBQ meal, and chill on our deck. And then, have some summery cookies. That I made. You know, with all the time I have on my hands. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I feel like I should meditate on winning the lottery. I was watching one of the "Lottery Changed My Life" shows on TLC, and a crazy lady claimed that's how she did it. Can't hurt, right?
Image via San Diego trip

I do not have a green thumb. I can grow flowers OK, but vegetables and herbs are out of the question. However, the flowers are questionable this year. Just ask my suffering Hydrangea. :(

I think I should eat more brie. I had it on a sandwich (turkey, brie, granny smith apple and I BELIEVE dijon mustard) and it was awesome.
Also, I want to pickle something. Probably cucumbers, resulting in...pickles.

I've written a LOT about food so far. But, day-um girlfriend is hungry.

Oddly enough - even with all this random stuff floating around, and changes taking place, and stressful situations sitting on my head, I feel SURPRISINGLY calm. Like, usually, I would cry at the drop of a hat, throw a few tantrums, but not lately. I'm handling more and more with a shoulder shrug, and acknowledging what I can't control.
Image via San Diego trip :)

Also, I used to think I was a Type A personality (and maybe once upon a time I WAS a Type A), but I now believe I am a Type B...and I took a few online tests (the most reliable kind of test *eyeroll*) and confirmed it. I scored a 23/100 on an abridged test.
You possess many of the characteristics of a Type B personality. Type B persons are characterized as having a "stop and smell the roses" attitude towards life. They are very relaxed and rarely become hostile, aggressive or competitive. Open-minded and forgiving, they are of a flexible nature. Type B persons tend to follow either an "Everybody Must Win" or "Live and Let Live" credo; they have a more passive and submissive slant to their personality. In either case, whether to fight a cause or simply stand up for themselves, Type B persons sometimes lack the drive that could help them achieve their goals. You yourself may want to work on building up some more initiative and dynamism. Otherwise, you run the risk of missing out on important opportunities. Pushing yourself and competing a little bit for your place in the sun can certainly add some spice to your life.
I took a few more and got the same result. INTERESTING. But taking those tests always send me into a weird thought-spiral of "would I REALLY do that? Or is that just what I would like to THINK I would do?" So I often doubt the validity of those tests. How can you TRUTHFULLY assess yourself. I think everyone has a slightly skewed perception of themselves.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails