Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday, July 30th

It is Saturday morning. I woke up at about 9:30am, despite falling asleep at a grandmotherly 11:30pm. I had big plans to start cleaning out closets and getting rid of things I don't need. But then, I sat on the couch, watched a little 30 Rock, had some unhealthy cereal and coffee. And now? It's after noon, and I'm still here. Only now I'm watching Parks and Recreation.

Mike came downstairs shortly after me, and now he's napping across from me on the couch. Maddie has taken up her usual spot on the back of the couch, watching for some unseen threat to our home.
We haven't had a Do-Nothing type of weekend in a while. Mike has been working on weekends for the last two months. Last weekend I was out of town and Mike hosted friends at our house. So this? While it feels so wrong, is much welcomed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails