Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Time and again.

I want time.

I want time to try to bake a cake from scratch and re-read Lolita. I want 10 minutes to sit in my backyard and appreciate the sun, and the work that I've put into my yard

I want to be able to have my english muffin and coffee at my kitchen table, and not while I'm driving to work. I want to cook dinner, and ONLY cook dinner. Not cook dinner, while unloading the dishwasher and folding the laundry and wiping down countertops. I want to do one thing at a time.

I want to shave my legs in the morning without making myself bleed, or missing a spot. I want to have clothes that I've been able to iron. I want to be able to make the bed in the morning, so when I come back at night it seems more comfortable than when I left it.

I want to go running, and listen to my iPod and not be completely preoccupied with the millions of things I still have to take care of. I want to run at a leisurely pace, and not push myself too hard, so I finish sooner, because I have so little time to be running.

I want to be able to stay up later than 10:30pm. But I can't. Because otherwise I'll be tired on my drive in to work at 6am, and I am terrified of falling asleep on the highway. I want more hours to be awake and aware.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails