Wednesday, February 2, 2011

SnOMG! Icepocalypse! Blizzaster!

So, instead of updating you about the house renovations, I'm updating you on the MASSIVE BLIZZARD that has trapped me in the house. Except everyone in the universe is probably also updating you on the status of the blizzard...

We'd been hearing rumblings about it since the weekend, but as it drew closer they way they described this storm got more serious. "Life-threatening" is what they called it, saying we would have white out conditions and winds inn excess of 50mph. Some of it felt like hyperbole, like the weather people were being REALLY dramatic.

BUT IT CAME. The city of Chicago is basically shut down, and a good portion of the rest of the state is too. My office is closed, Mike's office is closed, and we're trapped. We were lucky that we didn't lose power like a lot of people!

When I tried to take Maddie out, I found that the snow was about 4 feet up the door...so even if I could get it open, Maddie is too small to forge the snow.

View from the backdoor, where we let Maddie out to do her business. To the left of the picture is a drift, and to the right? That's our grill. This is through a CLOSED door.

This is out the front door, that I could only open about a foot...with a ton of force. You can see the snow it up to the mailbox.

Looking out one of the side windows...that's a drift.

What I COULDN'T get a picture of were the cars in the driveway, and the wall of snow that the plow left at the end of the driveway. I know we SHOULD start digging out, but holy crapoli, I don't even know where to start. I'm OK with using this as an excuse to hibernate for the rest of the winter. Because this shit? This is crazy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails