Tuesday, August 17, 2010

4 Simple Goals

This morning I checked my reader and found a couple of these 4 Simple Goal posts started by Elsie, and I kind of love it. I've been feeling this pull to simplify my life. To throw away/donate/sell the unnecessary clutter. To make sure I make time to read. To cook and bake things because I want to, rather than need to. And this? It may provide me with the start I need.
Here are the guidelines for 4 Simple Goals:

1. choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. choose things you may not otherwise get done, but that are not difficult to accomplish.

2. do not choose result oriented goals, choose activity oriented goals. for example.... instead of "lose 10 pounds", choose something like "eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day". get what i'm saying? positive actions instead of just the end result!

3. choose goals that are personal that you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! they can be daily, weekly or one time experiences.

4. choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! it can be a small or large reward.

5. blog your goals, each one as you achieve it and a big post when they are all finished before the new year! And don't forget to link back to Elsie.
This comes at a perfect time - the changing of the seasons, the end of my summer obligations, and it completely aligns with the declarations Mike and I have made to get our shit together.

Without further adieu, my goals:
1. Spend quality time with Mike.
This means more than just being in the house at the same time. This means after dinner walks, and goofy, impromptu photo shoots and me learning to love board games so we can play together.
2. Be more selective.
About how I spend my time (do I really need to watch the Jersey Shore marathon? I've seen them all...), about how I spend my money (while I can buy 16 shirts for $5 at Discovery, is that a good idea?) and social obligations. I've been saying YES to everything recently, and I'm becoming run down and broke and lazy.

3. Fall in love with my house
I have about 384 lists of things I want to do to turn my house into my home, but I've yet to even BEGIN any of these projects. I want to be able to look around my living space and be so proud that I've done this.
4. Find a hobby
I start and stop so many projects and crafts - but maybe it's because I haven't found the right one. This goal is giving me permission to KEEP TRYING to find something that I love to do in my spare time (besides watching TV) and to keep doing it.

I hope this works.
I've made many declarations and lists here, but I feel confident in these because they are totally manageable, fun, and things I've already been itching to do.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails