Friday, August 13, 2010

Ode to Fall

This morning when I let Maddie out, it was delightfully brisk. The heat hadn't set in yet, it wasn't stiflingly muggy, and, in short, it was lovely.

I've been eagerly anticipating fall for a WHILE now - both for the cooling weather, and for the break in social engagements. Because, you guys, I've been busy.

I've got two friends moving out of state, and so many pre-planned summer activities that I'm running on fumes. In fact, I was so gassed on Saturday, that when I went to my mom's End Of Summer party, I slept on her couch while everyone else partied. I'm that awesome.

This week marks the start of the countdown to Labor Day, and my final summer engagement (a culmination, of sorts) - Meeting Brittany and Emily. I've already mentioned this meeting before, but it's becoming time to PLAN, and ORGANIZE, and GET EXCITED.

But, before I enjoy THEIR company, I have a bridal shower and a mustache-themed bachelorette party this weekend. I CAN'T WAIT.

After all of these awesome adventures are done, I'm calling a time out. I need to get my feet back on the ground, I need to put together a life plan that will be followed, and I need to recharge.
I'm eagerly anticipating the return of tights and cardigans and boots. The changing of the leaves, and dropping of the temperature and the return of the need for blankets! I'm desperately looking forward to opening the windows to let the cool air in, the time when the bugs peace out, and taking walks in the evening (and not coming home drenched in sweat).
I can't wait to see my mom's Burning Bush leaves turn red, to buy mums for my front porch and to make SOUP! I want to decorate with leaves and pine cones and gourds.
Images via October 2009

Fall is, BY FAR, my most favorite season. It represents a break, changes, and an opportunity for me to relax. Fall is my transition period - I want to get my ducks in a row before I hibernate for winter, and hopefully, by next spring, I'll come back better than ever.

What's your favorite part of fall?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails