Monday, October 18, 2010

Content vs Complacent

I like to dream about the day that my life will be totally...in order. I want to say predictable, but that sounds terrible. However - I LIKE the thought of knowing precisely what's happening and when.

I've felt a little out of control, and things have felt a little too loosey-goosey for my tastes. But, luckily, I'm over it, and resolving to tighten things up around here.

Though, one thing that is really surprising me, and not in a good way, is the lack of inspiration I feel (WOW! That sounds totally gross and cheesy) - but when I look on etsy or favorite blogs, or Pottery Barn magazines, rather than being "OMG! That's awesome! I want my life to be beautiful/simple/serene like that!" like I used to, I'm all "meh."

I really disappointed in this development, and I'm not sure HOW to go about fixing it? I mean, is it really a problem? Am I content or complacent? Am I lazy or satisfied? (Well, duh, I'm lazy - but I needed another comparison set.)

Lately my days have involved WAAAAAAAAAAY too much TV, not enough cleaning/cooking/laundry, and an extreme surplus of...laying around. It's actually to the point where I'm embarrassed. But yes, these negatives are rallying me to get up and change it.

This weekend? I'm going to finish that sewing table I started...like, LAST winter. AND!! I have plan to get rid of the sponge paint in one of our bathrooms. It's a tiny bathroom - a ONE day project. Let's get serious, I've lived in this house for just over a year, and the only real changes that have taken place occurred within 1 month of us moving in. You guys, I'm still missing outlet covers in our bedroom...that we painted over a year ago. I'm RIDICULOUS!

Additionally, BabyTalk in our house has increased SLIGHTLY (don't get too excited Rachelle) and it was kind of a hardcore realization for me that we need to learn to be proactive and get things done for OURSELVES before we can think about having a tiny life living in our house.
(Seriously, it was like ONE or TWO conversations...about the FUTURE)

In other news: two of my favorite people got married on 10.9.10


And they had ONE BADASS party to celebrate.
I even got to recreate a ridiculous robot dance with the groom
My wedding: 5/30/09

His wedding: 10/9/10

It was awesome. And I love those two pictures side-by-side.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails