Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sometimes you just need to vent.

Have you ever had one of those days where absolutely nothing goes right. Not even that, but everything goes terribly, terribly wrong. Today. Is. That. Day:
  • Maddie isn't feeling so hot, so she's not sleeping well, and has to be let out in the middle of the night.
  • The cat is completely nocturnal at this point, and routinely gets bored around 3am. He keeps busy by knocking over glasses of water, and playing with his toys that have jingly bells on them.
  • Because of the previous two, I'm exhausted.
  • I was running too late to make myself breakfast.
  • My debit card didn't work at the gas station, so I had to use the credit card (which I HATE to do)
  • I didn't have enough cash to get breakfast on the way to work, and since the debit didn't work I remained hungry.
  • I got a bunch of unnecessary emails that made me SO stabby.
  • I still have to call the vet, and that makes me very anxious.
Nothing is going right today, you guys! What makes it worse is HOW TIRED I am. I turn into a raging lunatic when I'm roused from slumber, or am over tired (Sorry, Mike!)

Image via
All I want to do is:
  • Make decadent cupcakes
  • Listen to the thunderstorms
  • Watch True Blood
  • Read Dead in the Family
  • Re-evaluate my life plans
  • Solidify a budget
Image via

I feel very confident that if I was allowed to do these things, everything would get back on track and I would feel right as rain. But alas, I need to put on my big girl pants and power through the day, get things done when I get home, and overall, be a productive person.

On a more postive note, I had a GLORIOUS weekend in Lake Geneva with some of the finest women I know.

Shit got nuts, and I got serious when Single Ladies came on.

Oscar and I have a very intense relationship.

I believe this Sunday I will be heading to Chicago to go to the Pride Parade. I am thrilled. I've wanted to go for a long time, but going to the city intimidates me, unless I have city-savvy companions. This year, I do.

And GUYS! I've successfully cooked two nights in a row.
Monday was The Pioneer Woman's Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Apricot Sauce. Seriously, so good and SO easy.
Tuesday was honey horseradish salmon with dill potatoes and asparagus.
Tonight! I shall make BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Pizza, modified from The Pioneer Woman
Tomorrow! Pulled Pork!
I'm ALL OVER THIS.

Mild bad news: the slugs are DESTROYING my plants. They have eaten the little sprouts that were appearing on my bean plants. Those poor plants. They've been broken, and mended and sad and almost dead, but they've come back every time. But the slugs look like they're defeating them. The SPROUTS! Ahhhhhhhhh.
I need to reevaluate my garden and yard for next year. It's all about trial and error in my house...




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails