Thursday, June 17, 2010

Slow Moving

This slow movement that I keep hearing about? I think I need to jump on it. But - I don't really know how.

I feel like my life pace is pretty slow now. But, maybe it's not the right kind of slow. Or it's not even slow at all - I think it's just lazy.

As much as I would like to make a declaration that "THIS IS MY NEW PLAN!!!" I'm tired of making plans, and then having them fall by the wayside because 1) I have no time to implement them 2) I have very little motivation to do anything, after sitting in traffic for two hours 3) I suck.

Remember these?
I'm going to run every day of May!
I'm going to get up at 5am to run!
I'm going to grow my hair long enough to donate to Locks of Love!
I'm going to do 101 things in 1001 days (OK, technically, this is still under way)
I'm going to volunteer!
I'm going to run a 5K in June!
I'm going to make a 25 things to do in my 25th year list!

Does anyone know where I can buy motivation?

You know what, Debbie Downer? Suck it. EDITED 6/18: I need to relax. While I haven't gotten SOME of my declared goals done - I've gotten many MORE accomplished, and I will continue to chip away at the ones listed above.
I friggin' bought a house, and still have money in the bank.
I have three families to juggle, and we do an OK job of it.
According to my Wii Fit, I am not yet overweight. In fact, I am OK with my softer shape
(though, not OK with my inability to walk an incline, or climb stairs...)
I just wrote another post about how I was getting better at being an adult, and I really need to cling to that mentality.

I'm OK. I just have PMS, and looked through 354 pictures of the BP oil spill - that'll ruin your day. It's been kind of an ugly week, but thankfully it is almost over. I'm craving Panera for lunch, and I'm going to get it.

In this similar vein, I need to cut down on TV in favor of reading books. I love to read, and I'm not sure why it's a struggle. Plus, now is the TIME. Summer TV is garbage.
I still need to watch Dr. Who, however...

This was a weird post. Sorry about that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails