Thursday, April 9, 2009

The most wonderful time of the year!

I feel like right now, on this cusp between winter and actual spring weather, it is the most optimistic time of year - at least for me. Winter is all sneezing, and hibernating, and fat pants. But when the weather hints at something better -something warmer- I start making all these crazy-ambitious plans.

I start to look forward to the summer, to the sunshine, to flip flops and daiquiris! Even though I'm still rocking my winter jacket, I'm more pumped about life than usual. I can see the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel.

I've been absent for a while, because I was reevaluating this blog. It started to feel like this was my forum for self pity. I mean, sure I can bitch here, complain about work, chronicle an ongoing sage, but I don't want to wallow - and that's what I was doing. If I'm going to keep up with this, then I need to make sure it is a productive practice.

So on that note - I need to make sure I include the positive things going on in my life, and really look at the bright side of the nastiest dilemma.

Part of Operation: Outlook Improvement comes with doing 101 things in 1001 days (which is approx. 2.75 years), inspired by Day Zero. I've started my list in a Blogger drafts and just reading it makes me optimistic. I plan to actually put it on here, and start doing it June 8 - after the wedding/honeymoon.

Speaking of which - the INVITATIONS are SENT. Amen. I'm SO SO SO SO happy to have that off my plate. They got out about a week later than we would have liked (printing delays), but they turned out SO much nicer than I expected. I can breathe again.

I like putting the final details on the wedding. That suits me so much better than making large blanket decisions that affect a lot of people. I prefer to worry about tiny things like the schedule for the day, when I'll get my nails done, what my vows are, how I want my hair/makeup to look, what the program says, etc. Deciding what 7 of my friends/sisters are wearing as bridesmaids gives me anxiety.

I'm taking tomorrow off, because I'm the only one in the house who would have to get up to go to work, and I just CANNOT bear that. So, instead I'm going to run mad errands, and visit the elementary school where I used to work. Gonna catch up with my old boss, then go to the community college and drop off some applications - but I'll write more about that when I'm not at work. :)

1 comment:

  1. You seem like a busy woman!

    About the Pond's cream - I will say that it is working wonders on my face. It's a bit thick, so a little goes a long way. It's the Pond's dry skin cream , caring classic. It's about $7-8 for a 10 oz container, which is not bad at all considering how long it will last.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails