A bunch of random nonsense.
1) I'm going to the library this weekend! I haven't been to a public library in yeeeeeears. I visited the university library when I was at U of I.
I. Am. So. Pumped.
It's also been suggested that I check out some audio books. I'm not sure how I'll do with these. I'm not an audio learner, so I don't think I'll retain the information/story. But I might as well TRY!
2) House Update: Ugh. We had our inspection last night, after being assured in writing that all the utilities were turned on. Well, we arrive and the water is still not on. The water. We've done this song and dance before. The lawyer is pissed. Our realtor is pissed. Everyone's pissed.
On the bright side (yes, there IS a bright side!), everything else is fine. Just normal wear and tear. So, that's a huge sigh of relief. Plus, if the water is broken, or in any way not functional, the bank will fix it because that makes a house unliveable.
3) Thank you guys so much for the kickass comments about a potential haircut. But, I've come to a realization...are you ready?
I've got to suck it up for a little while. I NEED to grow my hair out...just to try it. Otherwise, I'll always be curious and I'll continue with this grow-it-long-then-cut-it-short cycle forever. And that's annoying.
Mike ALSO wants to try longer hair, and his hair grows slowly, so we're going to try to grow our hair together.
AND...if those two things don't work, I've put a ban on extreme haircuts until I weigh within 10lbs of my driver's license weight, or I run an entire 10K. HA. I'll never do that. My hair will grow forever!!
4) Funny story. I love Burger King's breakfast. I love it so much, that for almost an ENTIRE winter, I had it everyday. A Ham Omelet Sandwich and a medium coffee (2 Splendas and 1 cream). It got so bad that the girl who worked the drive-thru in the mornings recognized me. That was my turning point. When the BK employee chats with you about life, then it's got to stop. So I stopped going. It was a struggle, but I overcame.
Well, I went there yesterday, exercised some self control and ONLY got a medium coffee (3 Splendas, 2 cream - because they INCREASED THE SIZE. A medium is HUGE now). But the same drive-thru girl was there, and she recognized me. After I finished hanging my head in shame, she asked me if I was a teacher. And since I was embarrassed and thrown off, and since I'm ridiculously awkward in general, I said yes.
Why? Well, because of all the aforementioned reasons - I was embarrassed and thrown off, and since I'm ridiculously awkward in general. I'm definitely no teacher - though it is my dearest ambition.
I decided this was a sign. The Burger King girl has told me what I already know, I need to be a teacher.
Not the best story, but hey, what can you do?
5) I was driving the other day, reminiscing about my earlier internet days, and I came to this awe-inspiring realization at how much i love the internet.