It's clearly Fall now. Very clearly. Overnight we plunged headlong into coat-wearing weather, and, dude, I don't know where my coat is. I'm ushering in the advent of a new season, with my new (and muuuuuuch talked about - sorry about that) haircut.
Don't judge this picture - it's not styled, and I was ready to go to bed. But I figured out that if I DON'T take any time to do anything with it, then I can easily end up looking like Mary Martin in Peter Pan
Now that fall is here, I'm like, "Whoa. Where did summer go? What did I do with it?"
- I got married. Though, technically not in the summer (May 30th), but it was close enough.
- I changed my name. This originally caused a lot of internal turmoil, but I think I'm OK now, as long as I remember to sign my new name.
- I started to exercise...then promptly stopped. It lasted all of 5 days. Whatever. Don't look at me like that. I had good intentions!
- I went on more outings this summer than the last two combined
>> Arlington Racetrack
>> Museum of Science and Industry, and I got to see the Harry Potter exhibit and movie.
>> Bristol Renaissance Fair
>> camping at Starved Rock
>> Galena (twice!)
>> volunteered at the Sunset Festival
I'm pretty proud that I managed to get out and interact with the world, like a person.
- We put an offer on a house, they accepted it, and we gracefully (ha. ha.) dealt with all the drama that's gone along with it. It's going to pay off in about a week and a half (excuse me while I lose my shit: OMGWTFSqueeee...I really need to get out of my parents')
- Made some serious progress on my 101 things in 1001 days list. I've got 7 things in progress and 8 completed. Nice job.
- I totally got a promotion. And a raise. And an awesome boss. My commute is still gross, but my circumstances are a bajillion times better.
- I went to Atlanta, GA for the first time (for business), and I got to see Olympic Park. While I was there I also got to have dinner with one of my nearest and dearest. It was an awesome coincidence that he was passing through Atlanta on his way to Army Ranger School.
It's been a good summer, a productive summer, and a summer for hardcore transitions. We've really managed to pack it in, which is pretty cool. I'm really glad I put all my main summer activities into this one post - so I can see them all. It was nice to reflect on what I've been up to and figure out where the last 4 months went.
What did you do this summer??