Thursday, September 17, 2009

98. Quit smoking...forever. And ever

I've added 98. Quit smoking...forever. And ever to my list, and as of yesterday this goal is in progress.


(image from film noir photos)

Here's the thing...I've only ever considered myself a "smoker" for like 6 months when I was 19/20. And up until about a month ago, I didn't smoke for over four months.

I smoke rarely - usually when a friend offers, or I'm out drinking. Until recently, I hadn't bought a pack in ages. But I still will every-so-often have a cigarette. And it never ends well.

I like the act of smoking, the social aspect, something to do with your hands, but after I finish it, I immediately regret it. My fingers and hands smell, my mouth tastes gross, and worst of all I have a headache. Without fail.

So...Duh, I need to make sure I cut this out forever.
No, one cigarette per month isn't going to kill me, but it is going to give me a headache.

Yesterday morning, I had my last cigarette on my way to work. I haven't really wanted one, just a little. I think I've just wanted the break from work. But most importantly, I turned down the offer to have one.

I've tried to make the ruling that I was giving up cigarettes FOREVER before, but time always passes and I managed to talk myself into having just one.


(image from Bleu Bird Vintage - what a badass blog!)

But here's the thing! I have this wonderful list that gives me willpower! and self control! Or at least that's what I'm hoping it will do once I start the harder goals (specifically those that are exercise oriented).

This thing keeps me accountable, especially since I know you are watching, Internet friends.

3 comments:

  1. ohh, you're good. I've been smoking for 5 years now. Thankfully on and off for most that time, and not too much per day. But lately I've noticed a jump in the amount I'm having, and I've figure it out - I am finally dating another smoker, which has never happened before. No good, no good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great goal! I'm glad it's a habit I never picked up...

    Also, I passed along an "I Think You Are An Awesome Girl" girl award to you! You can get the badge and find out what you have to do in my latest TimeVamp post :)

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh, good luck. i've been trying to quit smoking like...forever. i smoke more, though xD ive cut back and consider that successful haha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails