Thursday, February 18, 2010

Business Trip to NYC

Hi!

I just got back from New York for work, and wow! I am tired. And my Google Reader is SO backed up.

Thankfully, Mike was awesome at keeping the house clean while I was gone. He did a phenomenal job.

New York was meh. I arrived around noon on Monday (after waking up at 3am in order to get to the airport on time), and departed last night at 6pm. We were there for customer meetings during a trade show, and I didn't have a whole lot to do. My job was to make sure that only people with appointments came to our office, take their coats, offer beverages, and make sure our products got put back on the shelves. It was a lovely break from actual work, but the lack of things to do made the day DRAG by.

I only had one night to myself, and I intended to make the most of it. I planned to take a walk down Fifth Ave, all the way to Central Park, stopping to see the Empire State Building, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Times Square and end up back at the hotel. Well, I took off speed walking and less than 1/3 of the way to Central Park I was like, "Holy Mother of GOD, my feet hurt, I'm so tired, so hungry and it's really goddamn cold."
So I detoured it straight to Times Square (it was the closest attraction) took a picture, texted it to Mike and bee-lined it back to the hotel to order room service and watch the Olympics (and The Bachelor - that Vienna! She's irritating, but I can see why Jake likes her)
I'm a terrible tourist.

The next night, my boss and I went out to eat with a customer, and we ended up writing $1.2 million in orders. I mean, I'm not all business-y or sales-y, but it's pretty cool to have been part of it. Though, it's not like there was haggling, or anything. Just products that he had tested in the past and had worked. And I ate mussels and they were delicious.

At present, I'm exxxxxxxxxxhausted. Traveling really strips me of everything, and sucks the life out of me. I'm an extremely anxious traveler (I get lost SO easily), and it takes a huge emotional toll. But I am home now, and I leave work in 1 hour and 40 minutes. I will go home, eat something (though I'm not sure what) and watch the Olympics. And I couldn't be more tickled about it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails