Thursday, February 4, 2010

DIY: Trial and Error

Today:
...I love Jolly Racher Pink Lemonade Valentine's Day suckers.
...My curling iron broke (it exploded on Monday, but was still functional).
...I need to drink more water.
...NEW SHOWS ARE ON! (Community, Parks and Recreation, The Office, 30 Rock)
...Is a more organized, less stressful day
...I am planning for the weekend (refurbishing a table! making soup! sewing a dog bed!)

Sorry for my mini-meltdown the other day. I mean, after re-reading it I realized I sounded way more insane than I actually felt. But seriously, those of you (bloggers, specifically) who are able to do ALL of that and more kill me. And I've decided that you, my friends, are an alien race who are able to function without sleep. And I am jealous. I am of the breed that needs 8+ hours of slumber to even FUNCTION at the most basic level.

I think I'm going to add a new dimension to this blog...a DIY, by trial and error section. I'm at a point in my life where I'm learning new things (about being married, owning a home, cooking, sewing) and sometimes the interwebs doesn't offer the resources I need - so I need to cobble together my own recipe/method/system. So why not blog about it!? Not just before/after pictures. Not just my successes. But everything.

That chicken pot pie recipe I mentioned - I'm gonna blog it. Refurbishing a side table - I'm gonna blog it. Installing a light fixture - If I don't die an electrical-related death, I'm gonna blog it.

I'm acting like this is a new concept - duh, it's not. But it will for sure give me something interesting to do with my time.
xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails