Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Not fat!

I'm having a really hard time trying to motivate myself to exercise.

I really want to BE in shape, but getting there is proving more difficult than it ever has before. I used to be an AVID runner, but I haven't exercised in over a year, and unfortunately, I think a lot of it has to do with my commute.

I leave the house at 6am - so in order to exercise in the morning, I would need to get up around 4ish. And unless I want to go to bed at 8pm, this isn't a viable option. Going to be at 8pm, isn't really an option either, unless I want to move, permanently, into The Dark Place. Because with my commute, I don't get home until 6pmish. 2 hours of interaction with Mike just WILL NOT DO.

And in the evening, once I get home, I am just SO tired, and so hungry. I've looked into getting a gym membership, but at the moment, we just can't afford it.

HOWEVER, there may be hope! I stumbled across a fellowblogger who mentions Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred, and I have promptly put it at the top of my Netflix queue. Amazon reviews were great, and Jillian Michaels insane, so maybe this will work? I'm actually excited to try it.
Maybe Jillian will shame me into exercise!

Also - I realized today at work, that I am nearly useless here. I file papers. Maybe fill out a few forms. I wish I had a career I liked! Or worked in a office where I felt like I was helping to grow the business, or develop the company. I work on a horrible account that doesn't even account for 5% of our sales. Talk about sad!

Oh well, something will get better eventually.

3 comments:

  1. I never feel like I have time to workout either. It's so funny because when I get home from work I am also tired and hungry! I know that I do need start doing something though, because I am just so out of shape its ridiculous.

    I am a big fan of workout DVDs - there are some really great ones out there that give you a better workout than you'd give yourself at the gym anyways! I like the P90X workouts, and I've also heard that Jillian's DVD is super intense. Definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, jillian seems to be popping up ALL OVER the blogosphere! Almopst all of my internet friends are doing her workout....except me *hides* LOL
    I've seriously been meaning to pick up a copy tho, i could use to have my but kicked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am interested to see what you think of the 30 day shred.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails