Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Normal Lady

First of all - thanks for tolerating my tantrum yesterday. It was a doozy.
But I went home, and read some Sookie Sackhouse, watched some Dead Like Me and order was restored to the universe.

On a more upbeat note: mad props to Glamour for including images of a normal sized woman! (When is the last time anyone said "mad props"? Whatever. I'm still cool.)

(image from Glamour.com)


Apparently the internets are all about a model named Lizzie Miller (20 years old, 5'11, 180 lbs, size 12-14). And personally I love her. Adore her. Wish models looked like her.

And even more encouraging, the picture has received an overwhelming support and praise.

I would be happy in a world where models like Lizzie Miller were on the runway, or covers of magazines or featured in TV shows.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say 1st about your vent- I've been there. Literally, very recently. The Husband and I lived with his parents (4 extra people in 1 extra room) and I had to commute 2 hours each way to get to and from work until we moved this month. Hang in there!

    2nd- way to go Lizzie! I'm glad the photo is getting so much support, and I hope people can continue to appreciate a more realistic image of beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been a fan of plus-size models! There's a great site with lots of images of plus-size models here:

    http://www.judgmentofparis.com

    They're all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails